Business Development Executive (Lead Gen)
Polecat is seeking an experienced, passionate, and enthusiastic Business Development Executive (Lead Gen). You will be an organised, self-motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit. Being assertive, high energy, and professional, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Polecat Marketing Team to follow up on all leads across multiple campaigns, using pitches tailored to the issues of relevance to the sector/persona in question.
- Generating a consistent flow of high quality and well qualified meetings for Polecat’s Business Development Managers.
- Utilising company prospecting lists and tools, you will identify relevant individual contacts within those companies, including contact details (name, title, telephone, e-mail, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Driving a high volume of prospecting/calling into multiple organisations via cold-calling, networking, e-mail, LinkedIn, in-bound leads, as well as utilising internet information sources to build and maintain a lead development pipeline for Polecat’s Business Development Managers.
- Unerringly following up and following through on all lead generation / sales activities.
- Understanding and articulating Polecat’s value proposition to senior corporate decision-makers across multiple industries to assess buying interest. Exhibiting the ability to speak to the positive financial impact and risk mitigation outcomes resulting from Polecat solutions.
- Providing relevant materials to prospect and partner with Business Development Managers in answering any initial questions the prospect may have
- Meeting and exceed daily, weekly, and quarterly goals related to calls, meetings book, lead generation and lead to sale conversion. Consistently achieving behaviour based KPI’s as determined by VP Sales.
- Possessing strong problem-solving skills and having the ability to think on your feet
- Demonstrating a high level of professionalism and integrity, building trustworthy relationships both internally with Polecat team members and externally with prospective customers
- Developing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of Polecat’s solutions
- Heavy use of Salesforce.com and additional applications to manage all lead data and data integrity
- Supporting the Business Development team in ensuring the overall success of Sales objectives
- 1-2 years Sales Support (Outside Sales focused) experience in a B2B enterprise level environment
- Experience reaching out to enterprise level customers and forging useable connections - handling this across the UK, EMEA and the USA preferred
- Excellent communication skills and experience speaking to senior professionals.
- Experience in sales development for cloud-based technology solutions.
- Solid understanding of a consultative sales experience within technology space (i.e. software and services – cloud based preferred)
- Knowledge of a full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to close
- Ability to drive multiple client sales prospecting activities in parallel, working quickly and accurately under pressure and demonstrating the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads
- Demonstrate a high activity level and strong sense of urgency around business development objectives
- Ambitious and self-driven to achieve and exceed the goals set for you. High level of personal accountability and independence
- A strong level of professionalism, intellect, executive presence, business and sales acumen, and written and verbal communications skills
- Approach challenges with a problem-solving attitude and possess the ability to think on your feet
- Comfortable working as part of a small, fast paced team
- Must be good with numbers and have strong interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of CRM systems around prospect / client management (adding / updating contact details, activity notes, etc.) – Salesforce.com experience preferred
- Computer literate, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solid written and verbal command of the English language required. Multi-lingual a big plus.
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Annual holidays (25 days – increases with tenure)
- Bank holidays (in addition to annual holiday noted above)
- Enhanced sick time
- Pension plan scheme with employer match
- Flexible office environment
- Casual work environment
- Great team environment – we’re here to help provide everything you need to be successful!